Another fool proof recipe filled with all of the good stuff! You can't beat a chocolate muffin, and bets are - these won't last long in any household.
All children's recipes are contributed by Amy Judd (NZ Registered Dietitian).
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4-6 Tbsp maple syrup (depending on taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour of choice
- 4 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips or dried fruit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a medium muffin pan or silicone muffin tray.
- Place the grated zucchini in a clean tea towel and wring out excess water.
- Place in a bowl with the mashed banana, oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Sift over dry ingredients. Stir until mixture just comes together.
- Stir in milk, and then chocolate chips if using.
- Bake in the hot oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. They should spring back when lightly touched. Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amy's Top Tip: If these are not going to be eaten in the first couple of days, freeze them. They can thaw in the lunchbox over the day.