A savoury option for your little sweeties.
This recipe is super versatile depending on what you have in your fridge, and is a great way expose your kids to new vegetables, or sneak in a couple of extra portions to their daily diet!
All children's recipes are contributed by Amy Judd (NZ Registered Dietitian).
Makes 6 muffin-sized
- ¼ medium cauliflower (150g)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup leftover rice
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Spring onion, sliced or cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a medium muffin pan or silicone muffin tray.
- Dice the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces or alternatively blitz in a food processor
- Stir in eggs, rice, cheese and season with salt and pepper. Distribute mixture evenly between the muffin pans
- Top with sliced spring onion or cherry tomato if using. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve warm, or store in fridge for up to 3 days.
Amy's Top Tip: Swap cauliflower for other grated veggies of choice e.g. carrot, zucchini, corn